Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Lion Walks at Night!!

This must be more of "March coming in like a lion"!!! All kinds of growling (thunder) last night, and this morning the horses had to eat, standing in ankle deep water (mud). Even the sidewalk has over an inch of standing water! It's like a footwash for Sheba before she comes back inside. Little Kitty has to search for a place to dig to "get busy" (that's Cana's command to go out and do his 'business'). So Mike walked out to check the rain gauge and we had 4" of rain and we're not done yet! I can attest to that amount because Eeyore's grain tub had 4" of water in it!! Eeyore chooses to stay in the barn and pens and NOT come across the corral for his grain this morning! He didn't want to wade through the mud!!

As I sat down to write this blog, I heard a 'poof' (muffled noise coming from the direction of the porch) and went to verify what I imagined in my mind's eye ... Sam knocked over an 80# box waiting for UPS and ripped the label off. BUT when I went out to set it back up, look what I found that had snestled behind the box. Pam, I'm afraid I'm going to catch up in the yucky critter department!!

5 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

I don't blame Eeyore for not wanting to take his blood soaked drawers out in the mud! Poor guy. Anyway- try to stay dry! Do you have a basement? So that scorpion was in little kitty's box?? or just by it? That's scary.. if it's not the coyotes trying to snatch her up, watch out for the other creepy crawlies!

Cheyenne and John said...

btw- isn't the lion supposed to "sleep" at night?? a weemoweh- aweemoweh.. a weeeeeeeeee eeeeeee eee omm omm o wheh.

Anonymous said...

That's only in the jungle, the mighty jungle that the lion sleeps tonight! But here in the desert, the lonely desert, he roams and growls some nights! : )

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I just spent a BEAUTIFUL week in Florida only to come back to 48 hrs of rain that ended in a brief snow squall. Today is the first day we've seen the sun since Monday. Looks like you took a bit of Ohio with you!
We had about 4" too.

Hope you have a blessed Easter!

Anonymous said...

See, finally got around to leaving a comment. So regarding the bugs, I think I'd prefer the palmetto bugs over the scorpions any day. At least the roaches don't sting!
Pam