Saturday, May 3, 2008

Where are they now?

Everyone has been amazed that Kitty allowed her kittens to remain in a box atop the table on the front porch and allowed me to handle them without moving them. But since I helped her birth them, I figure she has a level of comfort with me. I sure enjoy the instant access!! On Tuesday two of them discovered how to climb out of the box and began checking out the table. So on Wednesday I put the box down on the floor of the porch. Kitty had some 'words' (more like action with claws) with Sam about his proximity to her kittens! Poor Sam couldn't understand what he did to deserve her wrath!! Kitty is ALWAYS on duty!!! When I looked in the box before my bedtime, the kittens were gone!!! Thursday morning I spotted new activity just outside the side porch, so quickly figured out where she moved them. This was a 2nd choice spot though as she tries to house them in the garage whenever the door is open!
Thursday they were 4 weeks old and they are now engaging in Early Play 101. They should graduate to tougher courses soon! I'm seeing evidence of Porch Climbing 101 and Serious Pouncing 102.
Then it's time for a rest!!
But look at who feels left out and REALLY wants to be a part of the games!!

3 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Awe- Poor Sam.. He looks like he's pouting. The kittens definitely look more adventurous in these new pics!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, a ranch... cats... sounds like you'd be a good cat herder. Reminds me of that one SuperBowl commercial that aired way back when.

Anonymous said...

I'll probably need to build up my herd a bit before I can do one of those round-ups or would it be a cat drive!!! : )