Saturday, May 31, 2008

Catbird...

Exploring knows no limits!! At 6:20 this morning, Mike noticed that the horses were enjoying themselves in the yard ... WRONG side of the fence. So we hurried out to 'round them up' and get them back in the pasture. Doc has mastered taking the cover off the horse feed and was eating as fast as he could!!! The kittens were sharpening their climbing techniques! Once we got the horses + Eeyore back into 'their' area, I checked out the kittens, but only counted three, so I searched where I last saw them scampering about and running up and down the live oak tree. Alas, there was Marca - she needed a break and took a nap in a birdnest, since it wasn't breakfast time yet! It kinda reminded me of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Mama Mockingbird came back from her search for food and found Goldicat sleeping in HER bed!! .....I'm quite sure it's a mockingbird nest .... now it's a marcabird nest!!! : )

1 comment:

Cheyenne and John said...

Oh my goodness.. Is she really sleeping up there like that? Did momma bird ever come back and chase her away?