Friday, May 8, 2009

TIMBER!!!!!

A few months ago, a great wind storm came through Ohio and we were notified we had a tree blow down in the yard. I know there's a dead tree in the back yard, and I hoped it was THAT tree!! What a silly thought!!!! (picture on left)

So, when I visited my mom last month, I took a day trip to Ohio to have lunch with my friend, Loretta, who I worked with at the Kettering School of Medical Arts. I also visited my friends, Melissa and Bob, who I knew from the condo community we lived in for a few years. I stopped by our yet-unsold house to check out the yard for the fallen tree, and peek in the windows. Except that the yard could use some TLC, it looked pretty good.

When I got back, we too had some terribly windy days and don't ya know, we needed the roof repaired (for the 3rd time) because of missing shingles and one of the cedar trees blew down in our side yard.
At least here, Mike could go out with his handy saw and haul it off the the burn pile to await the calling off of the burn ban currently in force. Though we've had a few inches of rain, it's still pretty dry. I'm praying for more rain before the hot summer comes!!
In the meantime, the newest litter (2 boys and a girl) are getting really cute - they like sleeping in sunshine on reasonably comfortable days. Yesterday (and today) it's hot and humid and they're happy in the shade of the house.

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Man that wind is destructive!

Snakeye said...

well, at least it wasn't a big tree that hit the house or anything... I thought you guys "gave" the house to the bank anyway... what gives?