Monday, May 18, 2009

Little Kitty is a Grandma!!

Actually I have another blog almost ready to publish, but this mini-event needed a quick blog!! I took some pictures of my 'kittens' (8 1/2 months old) on Saturday to show how big they were, knowing that the births would be very soon. So, here's Sienna on Saturday:
At dinnertime tonight, there was a commotion with Sam out on the porch, and Mike went out to check out what was going on. Maybe because of the new kitten noises coming from the box, Sam was responding with worrisome sounds. Sienna had already had a few kittens and was in the process of having another. My next few trips out found her 'pushing' to deliver another and another! I don't yet know how many are out there, but for a first litter, she has a pretty full house!! There are at least 6 or 7, and they're all different colors - I see an orange tabby, a blonde one (like Powder), a couple of calicos, black and white, and grey-orange-black combo. It's like a rainbow out there!!! Maybe I can get better pics tomorrow.
Then, Mama Kitty (now Grandma Kitty) came out to investigate:
Powder's next, and I think she has at least 5 - we'll see in the next couple of days!!!

2 comments:

Snakeye said...

Ma - if you're not careful, you're gonna be running a cat ranch - kinda like a cattle ranch except you take the "tle" off of "cattle".

I know people do cattle ranches to eventually eat the cattle... I wonder how cat tastes? I know Alf (the little alien from Milmac) would be pleased!

Cheyenne and John said...

Trav.. you're so funny.
Mom- congrats on the great grand-kittens.