Sunday, August 31, 2008

Welcome Home, Noni

God is GOOD! Life is GOOD! Grandchildren are GOOD! Kids are GOOD! And coming home to 'Pappy' and the ranch is GOOD too!!! Rancher Mike (aka Pappy) worked hard to do my chores as well as his so that I could help Cheyenne and John when they come home from the hospital with their new baby, Riley. It was a good welcome home last night - Sam met me at the car and also Kitty (looking somewhat more pregnant than when I left). The horses and donkey were by the fence in the corral. And Mike was still awaiting my call to start dinner! Only problem was that my phone died before I was able to alert him when coming through Throckmorten (about 30 minutes out). I came home to a happy Pappy sporting the start of a mustache:
a fat cat and a fat pregnant cat:











a garden of goodies (like a cornucopia of yummy proportions): Mike took good care of my garden while I was gone and ate/gave away squash and okra!

On the way home, I got to marvel at some naturally beautiful 'scapes:
I've dubbed this Turtle Rock:
It rained on and off most of the way and there were many overcast, grey cloud covered mountains even more beautiful than this: I am ever thankful for a safe enjoyable journey, a wonderful visit with my daughter, son-in-law and beautiful new baby, Riley for 10 wonderful days and I look forward to soon visiting Travis, Pam and our other new grandson, Brenden. I am thankful for the happiness of these 2 new families:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice stash

Anonymous said...

By the way, who the hell is "Noni"?

Anonymous said...

Snakey, You make Noni laugh!!! Noni is to Brenden as Grandma Tigger is to you!!! And PAPPY is to Brenden what PopPop was to you!! Now you know what to tell Brenden to call us!! : )

Anonymous said...

What is this? The Beverly Hillbillies?!

Cheyenne and John said...

Glad you're home NONI! (I don't think it's beveryly hillbilly-esque) Love the Stach- Pappy.

Anonymous said...

I think those grandkids are about the handsomest I've ever seen! And such good pictures of them with their parents at the bottom of the page. Personally, I think it's awesome how much the babes look like their parents at that age.

I'm never coming back to Texas ever ever! Get that snake outa here! How can you grow a garden with that kind of threat stalking possibly near!? Shoulda kept my Gokey snake-proof boots for you, Mike, instead of selling them on ebay. haha

Those kittens sure are cute! I love cute animals. Snakes are not cute. Keep up the good photos and diary...I'm loving it and you're doing a super job! Tell your kids congratulations from us on those two beautiful babies. How blessed you all are!

Jeannie Colorado