Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birds and Kittens

Well, when I got back from visiting family in Illinois and checking out our Ohio property (next post), I found Little Kitty sprawled out on the porch. I knew she should be due soon, but she was smaller than last time, so I figured I miscalculated. Then, on the morning of the 24th, I noticed she was smaller and looked in the box. Sure enough she had her kittens right on time, but she had only 3 this time (so no wonder she didn't look as big as last time - with 6!!). Anyway, all is well and she's being the attentive 24/7 mom as before!
In the meantime, while she's bathing her babies, the mockingbirds and white-capped sparrows fly in for breakfast and a bath! They are SO messy!! They love to drink the water and bathe in it - BUT they also poop in it!!! I've talked to them about it, but they pay me 'no never mind'!! They dance around in the food dish and spread it al over too! And not just the cat food, but the bigger chuncks of dog food too!!

3 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

I didn't know you were at it tonight. Good to see the little fluff balls! Thanks for the updates! Do the birds have a feeder of their own? I can't remember but knowing my ma, I'm sure they do! They must just be selfish birds wanting it "all" for themselves.

Snakeye said...

haha... so I see that there's no birds in the picture... or should we just rename them to "catfood"?

Mom said...

They just flew away because of my presence taking the picture!!! They're amazingly brave and take advantage of the peace and quiet during the daytime!!