Friday, July 18, 2008

A Short Update

Last Thursday the Honda was towed to Gilmore Collision for evaluation and diagnosis -- when I called Friday, they had determined there was over $18000 damage to my poor Pilot. On Monday they called to say that the diagnosis was TOTALLED! So Honda Pilot has passed on! Thursday we went to Wichita Falls to test drive and check out a potential replacement. Currently I'm leaning toward a Honda CR-V, but we also looked at Chevy, Dodge, Hyundai, Jeep, and Pontiac. After checking Consumer Report and Edmunds.com, it looks like the best other choice is a Toyota RAV-4. It just happens that the Honda dealer is getting one in the color I'd like (Borrego Beige) in the very model we want before the end of the month and would loan us a CR-V to drive while waiting for it's arrival. They didn't seem too excited about taking the loaner to Arizona for the upcoming grandson arrival, so Chey... wait till I get my wheels!!!!
As for my person, my arm is still swollen, but not as tight as it was, the blisters have broken, and the bruising has travelled to my elbow and down my hands and fingers. In a week it will look different, and hopefully the swelling will start to regress!! Currently the swelling makes my arm look deformed!!!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Well- all the more reason for them to hurry up and get your car!! Hope the loaner is working out for you... Now- do you have your stock of sunflower seeds in there yet??

Rick said...

Judi! that is really the wild west down there!! You need to have you a survival kit in your car! I am glad you weren't injured really bad but it looks bad enough- did they use surgicleanse? I have seen that react on people- take care- I'll be at shepherd AFB next week for field exercises- I know that is a bit far from you alls ranch but will be in the neighborhood- Texas is a biggggg place!