Monday, June 23, 2008

Visiting local color...

One NEVER knows what's coming down the driveway! Last night looking out from the couch, I saw Sam get up to check out something coming down the driveway. I could see it WELL from inside the house, but went out to get a picture!!! It looks like a young tarantula!

It was lucky to get away with it's life!! Visible motion gets lots of attention around here!!! Unfortunately I missed THE picture of Mia carrying it around in her mouth!!! We turned it loose in the field, so it got to live another day!!!!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Shouldn't you be more worried about the pets lives and not the spider.. They are very poisonous- aren't they??

Mike and Judi Winslow said...

Actually, the student pilots next door in our BOQ (back when I was a Lieutenant) kept a couple of tarantulss in a fish tank. Some people have them as pets!!! I don't think they're poisonous like rattlesnakes or black widows or brown recluse spiders.