Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Don't ya just love to finish a project???

I started hooking a rug before we got married - probably somewhere around 1970-1972 !! I might have worked on it some after we were married, but with a move it got put aside. From there on it was in the original box and moved from garage to garage whenever we moved (TEN MOVES!!!). While working on the garage, it attracted my interest because it was almost done! So last week I reread the directions (because it's been soooo long since I've latch hooked anything) and in 3 or 4 evenings, I completed it!!! After roughly 35 years, I can't tell you how good it feels to look over and see the completed rug! Now the big decision is whether to hang this prize on the wall or brighten up a room with it on the floor!!!

3 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

I remember always seeing that run in the box- unfinished!! What an accomplishment- good for you Mom!!! Now finish that baby quilt that you were making for me (yellow one) so I can claim it for Riley!!!

Cheyenne and John said...

run= rug

Anonymous said...

I finally took some time to catch up on your blog--awesome pictures and writing! Loved Pam's ultrasound video too--AMAZING!