Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spotty

I've had some pretty wonderful kitties over the years, mostly siamese, but Spotty ranks pretty high.  She has now gained the status of my in and out cat.  She's probably the most loving and gentle cat I've ever had.  I'm putting this first picture on for Riley who's coming to visit soon and I know he and cousin, Brenden like to see Spotty when we skype!!  Here she's snuggled up on my side of the bed (she knows better than to migrate over to Grampa's side, cause he doesn't like to share with a kitty).

Can you pick Spotty out when she was a kitten with her brothers and sisters???


A few months ago, Spotty was limping and needed to lay low for a bit.  Initially we couldn't see anything wrong, but after a day or so, her paw swelled up.  Here she is with her 'mitt' of a paw! 
A few days later, the fur started falling off and you could see 2 distinct wounds that were 'weeping'.  From the pattern, we think she got bit by a snake of some sort.  It took her a couple of weeks to get better and a month for the fur to grow back.  I'll bet she'll be more carefull next time she encounters a snake!!

Unfinished business (or perhaps I SHOULD say - FINISHED business):
A couple days after my last post, out came a can of paint to finish the horse shed.
One morning there was a Kodak moment.  Eeyore was in the shed and all three horses were lined up in front of it just after sunrise.  It was picture perfect.... but I didn't have my camera with me.  By the time I ran in and grabbed it, they were making their way to their feed buckets and the moment was lost.  This was 2nd best, but I'm waiting for that perfect shot!  The most interesting part of this photo (besides the shed!!) is the sky - it looked painted, like there are brush strokes.  I would have cropped more of the sky out otherwise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats alot of cats!Do they all live with you on the ranch?Merry Christmas.....Kevin Laing

Mike and Judi Winslow said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Kevin!! From the tree shot, I have the 2 calicos (Spotty & Patches) and the little boy with the white bib and white across his nose (Schnoz). The 2 little blonde boys have homes and I don't know about the little orange one. I've lost a few though! I still have that blonde mom(Powder) and her sister (Sienna) who is mom to some of the kittens. They had 12 together!!! Hope all's well with you. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool,all is well here thanks!hope the same down there.I'm actually moving to Columbus tomorrow morning to start Monday 30 weeks of academy with my new job on the Columbus Fire Dept....happy holidays and say hi to everyone...Kevin Laing