Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rolling in Dough......

It was a day to make hoagie rolls for Mike!! While I was at it, why not make a batch of Kaiser rolls?? Only problem was that when making the Kaiser Rolls, I accidently added 1 1/2 TABLEspoons instead of 1 1/2 TEAspoons of yeast! WHAT TO DO??? So, I made 3 batches of roll dough, divided the very quick rising dough into thirds, and made LOTS of rolls!! I spent all day in the kitchen, raising dough, shaping rolls, raising dough some more, and baking!!!

An interesting aside.... Kaiser rolls are folded from flat discs - several flaps toward the middle, then placed face down on a little bed of poppyseeds and raised. Just before putting in the oven, you turn them face up and bake them. Mike loves the Kaiser rolls!!!!!








And I ended up with LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN ROLLS!!! (clockwise from upper right: cloverleaf rolls, plain rolls, hoagie rolls, hard rolls and Kaiser rolls)
Too bad you don't live closer! You could visit the Winslow Bakery for some nice fresh rolls!!!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Oh man.. Dad's been raving about those rolls. Wish I could get my hands on some of those- especially with the current ample supply!

Pam said...

Looks good! Too bad you can't fedex them to Ohio. I could go for some home baked goodies!