Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hay --- you guys!!!

I arrived home from Branson, MO/Charleston, IL late Friday, and it was dark, so I couldn't see any changes until morning. While I was gone, the field with native grasses was mowed and baled!
(You may have to click on this to see the bales in the field below the house. If you can't open this one, left click on the small pictures below this one.)
Just to give you an appreciation of how far we've come in about a year and a half: left is the field 4/15/08 and right is the same field 10/3/09....





What holds these bales together? Check the mesh that covers the outside of the bales:
How big are they, you wonder??? I certainly can't move them!!! Check out my kitty jumping off! It's a considerable jump!!!!

Stay tuned for more ranch news! I need to take a picture of the hen house for an update!!! Can you hardly wait???? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Which kitty is that? If from the Gremmie litter, they've gotten really big!

Mike and Judi Winslow said...

Actually it's one of my favorite little orphans. They are growing really well and are a perfect age for homes. :)

Cheyenne and John said...

Wow- that's a lot of hay! The ranch is reallly coming along!

Anonymous said...

just stopping in to say hello,it been a while....Kevin Laing