Sunday, April 27, 2008

Curiosities!!

I just thought it interesting that today the gestational ages of my grandsons are 22 weeks 5 days and 25 weeks 2 days - just a quick alteration in numerical order!!
The other coinkidink came this afternoon when a friend stopped by. The moment she looked in the box, she said "Looks like you have all females". She hadn't touched a one of them!!!!! Of course I asked - "how could you know without even looking??? " She said that whenever cats have 3 colors (like calicos), they're always females!! All 4 do have whitish faces with some of mom's orangey color along with the dark stripes, and sure enough - on inspection all 4 were females on the bottom's up test!! Did anyone else know this little fact????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually...male calicos DO exist. They are just extremely rare. I guess if you do find one, they are also pretty pricey. I used to know someone who had a male calico.
So, another little known fact to expound on the first one.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Upon googling:
1 in 3000 calico births are male

Pam

Cheyenne and John said...

I bet the numbers will not line up like that again! And.. I had no idea about the male calico thing! very interesting!